The Australian fashion and beauty site 2threads.com has partnered with Dove to share beauty secrets, tips, and tricks. I was asked to contribute my beauty routine to the Dove Diary Campaign, so here it is. I have included a list of products that I use regularly and will mourn if they are ever discontinued.
1) Stare blearily with pre-caffeinated eyes into the mirror to survey the damage. Sip warm water with lemon (or green tea) and mull over outfit options.
2) Tame unruly hair by drowning it in a shower and beating it into submission with a paddle brush and blow dryer (Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar, Barefoot Venus Body Washes and Lotions, Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Shampoo and Conditioner, Kerastase Serum Oleo-Relax)
2) Skin care is a top priority. Perform exorcism on new blemishes and quench skin’s thirst with moisturizer. (Dermalogica mediBac Clearing System, Eminence Naseberry Cream, Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream)
3) While moisturizer is working its magic, eat breakfast and perform all other morning necessaries
4) Apply a primer (Clearprep FX Matte Foundation Primer)
5) Depending on the activities of the day, choose a foundation, concealer, finishing powder (Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Vichy Dermablend Foundation, MUFE HD Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish)
6) Considering activities, outfit, mood, creativity, sense of adventure, and time, apply eye makeup and lipstick.
7) Spritz on perfume of the day and face the world
Guzzle water and green tea, don’t touch my face (Trader Joe’s Fresh Brewed Unsweetened Green Tea)
1) Brew some tea to help unwind. I like spicier drinks in the evening (Stash Premium Vanilla Chai or Cinnamon Vanilla Tea)
2) There may or may not be a small dose of dark chocolate…you know, antioxidants and all that…
3) Scrub off war paint (Marcelle Cleansing Water, Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar)
4) Cleanse, purify, exfoliate, treat, and moisturize skin (Dermalogica mediBac Clearing System, Eminence Lime Stimulating Mask, Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque, Eminence Naseberry Cream, Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, Clarisonic)
5) Read until I am cross-eyed (beauty of the mind is important to maintain) and then get 7-8 hours of beauty sleep
Wake-up and repeat.