Confession: I have never dyed my hair. Ever. Yes, I know-shock! horror! Imagine, a beauty blogger who has never dyed her hair. There are several reasons for this:
- Pure unadulterated fear.
- Fear (once again) of the unknown: Will it look good? What colour will work for me? Do I use a box or go to a salon? What happens if at all goes awry? Will it be dry and damaged?
- Fear of my father: This one is meant in jest. I don’t actually fear my father, but seeing the look on his face every time I threaten to dye my hair is fun. Which brings me to my next point,
- Pride: I am the only one in my family who has this colour hair. Everyone else has been blessed with black glossy hair but I am the light sheep of the flock. Since I was in high school and began entertaining the idea of blonde highlights (ala Rachel Green from FRIENDS), everyone in my family would lament about what a shame it would be to hide my unique colour.
- $$: Do I really want to be bothered with maintaining a colour or re-dyeing to achieve uniformity?
- My hair changes naturally in the sun. My hair colour is not flat; in fact, in the sun a plethora of natural (mostly auburn, light brown, and hazelnut) highlights shine through. In the summer it naturally lightens to a shade lighter. My colour has darkened naturally since my high school days, but I attribute that to not getting outdoors as often. Just a theory.